4/15/2009

Smoking Something



I used to be a smoker.
I started smoking when I was 16 and smoked for over 10 years.
And then I quit when I was 27. It's been almost 3 years now.

I quit smoking because I felt I was too dependent on it.
I didn't feel like I could release my stress without it anymore, and I didn't like that.

I'm glad that I quit smoking, and it has made my life a bit easier.
I don't particularly believe that quitting smoking is always the healthy thing to do, but I'm glad that I no longer have to worry about running out of a pack, or getting a space to smoke, or the cigarette smell on clothes.

So, I guess I did a right thing for myself, and I don't think I'm going back to smoking again.
But, I also want to remind myself that making everything right is not always the right thing to do. It's not that simple.

No comments: